PREP 2 – Early Childhood Services (ECS)
by PR Admin | August 30, 2011 10:15 pm
What do we do at PREP?
PREP’s enriched Early Childhood Learning (ECS) classes for children 2 1/2 as of September 1, 2016 to 5 1/2 years of age nurtures the love of learning! Each student has an Individual Program Plan (IPP) that identifies goals for social, behavioural, school readiness, communication and motor skill development. Individual speech therapy is offered once weekly and parents are encouraged to participate in therapy sessions. Occupational therapy and physiotherapy are provided on a regular consult basis to the class, and on an individual basis as needed. Physiotherapy services are provided by Calgary Youth Physiotherapy.
Students attend classes two or three mornings per week. Parents volunteer regularly to observe and “learn by doing”. To ensure effective information sharing with parents and generalization of new skills to home and school, PREP staff makes several home visits during the school year. It is recommended that children also participate in a community preschool program in their second year assisted by an education assistant; fees are covered by the PUF grant. PREP staff visits the community placement to observe and provide feedback. Upon graduation from the ECS classes, PREP staff assists families in making a smooth transition to Kindergarten in the community school.
- Small class size
- Individual Program Planning
- Individual speech-language therapy
- Regular OT and PT consults
- Music Therapy
- Classroom, art room and gym
- Quality materials
- Peer involvement
- Focus on building independence
- Structured routine
- Experienced staff
- Parent information mornings
- Family Support Liaisons FSCD
- Family focused
- Parent volunteer program
- Preparation for entry into inclusive kindergarten programming
Please select this link to view our events & workshops calendar
- “”To our family, PREP means happiness. The support that everyone at PREP has given our whole family has been life changing. We can rely on your expertise as we journey down our life’s road with (our child).”
- “My family and I love going to PREP and feeling welcome and included.”
- “PREP is the guiding hands to our family. We turn to them with concerns, questions and suggestions and feel blind faith in believing they want the best for us.”
- “We love PREP. The focus and attention PREP gives to my child is awesome.”
- “PREP is family. We love going there and feeling welcome and included.”
- “Thank you so much for all your great work, dedication and care for our children, helping them reach their full potential.”
Membership Fee and Funding Information
- Membership to the Society – $75.00 CDN/ yearly Society Fee is mandatory to access all PREP programs.
- The PREP Program is an accredited PUF operator under the auspices of Alberta learning, and services ECS children who are 2 ½ as of September 1, 2016 to 5 ½ years of age.
- Peer models who are 2 years old as of September 1, 2016 can enroll for two mornings a week and pay a $140.00 monthly fee in addition to the society fee.
Visitors Welcome! Contact Marissa Turner to book a visit at 282-5011 ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please select this link to view our events & workshops calendar: http://www.prepprog.org/?page_id=3329
- email@example.com: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Source URL: https://www.prepprogram.ca/?page_id=81
Copyright ©2018 The Prep Prog unless otherwise noted.